The health benefits of Coriander Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like analgesic, aphrodisiac, anti spasmodic, carminative, depurative, deodorant, digestive, fungicidal, lipolytic, stimulant and stomachic.
Coriander Essential oil is extracted from the seeds of coriander with the help of steam distillation. The scientific name of Coriander is Coriandrum Sativum. The Coriander Essential Oil is constituted of compounds like Borneol, Cineole, Cymene, Dipentene, Linalool, Phellandrene, Pinene, Terpineol and Terpinolene, the causes behind its medicinal properties. Coriander is famous worldwide as a spice and we are aware of some its medicinal properties too, such as digestive, stomachic etc. But seldom do we care to know about its other health benefits.
Let us keep our knowledge banks updated, because who knows when we need to use any of its following medicinal properties some day.
* Analgesic: Components like Terpineol and Terpinolene makes Coriander oil and analgesic, i.e. an agent that reduces pain. This oil has been found to be effective for curing toothache, headache and other pains of joints, muscles and those resulting from injuries or collisions. It reduces pain by desensitizing the affected part.
* Aphrodisiac: Coriander Oil can make your married life a heaven. It arouses and increases libido as well as cures temporary impotency, frigidity of both male and female, erectile dysfunctions and loss of interest in sex. It stimulates certain hormones that activate the sleeping Cupid in you and brings you to a mischievous mood.
* Anti Spasmodic: Tired of endless coughs? Cannot put your best in sports due to frequent cramps? This is high time you should try Coriander Oil. It will relieve you of spasmodic cramps (both of limbs and intestines), coughs and will also prove beneficial in case of a spasmodic cholera. It also relieves nervous cramps and convulsions and relaxes you.
* Carminative: The Coriander Oil literally gives the gases an outlet. Only those who suffer from gas alone will know how it feels when relieved of gases. This is not funny at all. You will be surprised to know that each year; many people even die of gas. Gas becomes particularly dangerous when it rises upwards. It can cause severe pain in intestines, stomach and chest and even in muscles. So, better have a small tea spoon full of Coriander Oil and drive away gas. It won’t let the gases form either.
* Depurative: Coriander Oil cleans blood of toxins and thus acts as a detoxifier or blood purifies. It helps remove the regular toxins like uric acid, heavy metals and certain compounds and hormones produced by the body itself, from blood, as well as other foreign toxins which get into blood accidentally.
* Deodorant: Like coriander, Coriander Oil is a good deodorant too. It clears bad breath and eliminates mouth and body odor, when used internally or externally. When consumed or ingested, the typical aroma of this Coriander Oil mixes with the sweat and fights body odor as well as fights oral odor as its scent, coming up from your stomach, fills your mouth. This also helps inhibit the bacterial growth in mouth and around sweat glands and thereby fighting odor. Mixed in water, when externally applied or used as a mouthwash, it again does the trick.
* Digestive: Coriander Oil has very good digestive properties. It gives prompt relief in indigestion and flatulence and its aroma also acts as an appetizer.
* Fungicidal: It inhibits growth of fungus and helps cure fungal infections. This property helps cure a number of skin diseases, most of which are caused due to fungal infections. It also helps cure dysentery, which is often caused due to fungal growth.
* Lipolytic: People who are fed up of trying all possible methods to lose fat need to pay an attention over this property of Coriander Oil. It promotes lipolysis, which means hydrolysis of lipids and which in turn means hydrolysis or breaking down of fats and cholesterol. The faster the lipolysis, the faster you get slim and lose weight. The best part of it is that you need not go for a liposuction which has terrible adverse effects on health as well as costs a fortune.
* Stimulant: It stimulates and warms up the organic systems and various functions going on inside the body. It stimulates hormone and enzymes secretions, digestion, excretion, brain functions and nerves. It also fights depression and boosts spirit.
* Stomachic: It ensures good health of stomach by regulating all stomach functions and tones up stomach.
* Other Benefits: Improves appetite, regulates endocrinal secretions, cures nausea and tendency to vomit etc.
Few Words of Caution: Nothing serious. Only that if taken in excess, it can make you lose control over your senses for a while, as if you are spell bound. You cannot decide properly.
Blending: The other essential oils with which Coriander Oil can be blended well are Bergamot, Cinnamon, Grapefruit, Ginger, Neroli, Lemon, Lime, Orange and other Citrus fruits oils.